Rebuilding Together fills a pressing need in our communities. The rising cost of living and falling social service budgets have left some of our most vulnerable neighbors without the most basic of necessities, a warm, safe, and dry home.
The nation is facing enormous problems, many of which have reached crisis levels. The low-income homeowners that Rebuilding Together serves are disproportionately affected by these issues. Homeownership is at an all time high, especially among low to mid-income Americans, but the costs of owning and maintaining a home are growing exponentially. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing, leaving low-income citizens with less and less disposable income for home repairs and modifications.
Rebuilding Together focuses on the issue of home maintenance and homeownership for veterans, the elderly, and the disabled. By identifying the challenges associated with these issues we are well placed to face a problem with full understanding and to create real, sustainable solutions for the low-income homeowners we serve.
(Download our impact statement 2021-2022)
MISSION – Bringing volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners with a focus on veterans, seniors and/or disabled homeowners. As a local nonprofit organization, we assist low-income homeowners with home rehabilitation projects, installation of smoke/CO alarms at mobile home parks and a food pantry. In addition, RTSC also partners with local companies to rehab community facilities. During a RTSC project, local businesses, community members and concerned residents come together from all walks of life to rehabilitate the homes and lives of those in need in Solano County. This is accomplished with volunteer skilled and unskilled labor, donated materials/services and financial support from within Solano County
Solano County Impact
From June 2009 thru December 2022, more than 12,000 Rebuilding Together volunteers have rehabilitated 40 homes for low-income homeowners (seniors / military / disabled) and held more than 52 community facility workdays in Solano County, CA. In addition, Rebuilding Together has installed and/or donated more than 3,700 smoke and 2,100 carbon monoxide alarms.
Estimated value of work is more than $8,000,000.
Yes! I want to help make Solano County a Better Place For All by Supporting Rebuilding Together Solano County.
I will financially support Rebuilding Together Solano County. Please put this contribution to good use in rebuilding low-income families and neighborhoods in Solano County.
- Major Donor / Facility Sponsor ($10,000 or more)
- House Sponsor ($6,000 – $9,999)
- Donor ($4,000 – $5,999)
- Major Supporter ($2,000 – $3,999)
- Supporter (up to $2,000)
- In-Kind Donor. Please call me regarding donation of goods and/or services. I am willing to donate the following items and/or services:
- Employer Donation / Employee Match – please let us know if your company provides a donation to nonprofit organizations and/or has an employee match donation program.
- Amazon Smile – RTSC is a listed nonprofit organization with Amazon Smile and we will receive a donation from Amazon Smile based on a percentage of your shopping.
- Valcore – RTSC is listed as a participating organization with Valcore. Please support RTSC by bringing your recycling (bottles, cans, glass, etc.) and we will receive a donation from Valcore. www.ValcoreRecycling.org