Rebuilding Together Solano County is in the process of accepting applications for 2018 until February 28, 2019 for our home rehabilitation services to senior / disabled / military homeowners residing in Solano County, CA.
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy living environment for low-income homeowners and community facilities.
Our services are provided free to qualified and selected homeowners.
Do you know of someone or do you qualify yourself for our home rehabilitation program?
How to apply:
Complete Homeowner Application
No later than February 28th, mail the completed Application and all supporting documentation to RTSC, PO Box 5996, Vallejo, CA 94591.
Contact Rebuilding Together @ 707.580.9360 or via e-mail @ Ehoffman.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
- One or more household members must qualify as one of the following:
- Military (Active, honorably discharged, retired or a surviving spouse)
- Senior (65 years or older)
- Own and live in a single family residence located within Solano County. Home to be stick-built;
- The following items must be paid current: 1) Mortgage(s) 2) Property Taxes 3) Homeowner’s Insurance;
- Potential homeowners cannot own other property or units unless located on the property of the primary residence;
- Meet low-income guidelines for Solano County (less than 80% of Area Median Income for 2016/2017)
How to apply:
- Contact RTSC @ 707.580.9360 to confirm eligibility
- Complete 2016-2017 Homeowner Application
- By April 30, submit completed Application and all supporting documentation to RTSC, PO Box 5996, Vallejo, CA 94591.
Rebuilding Together has been pleased to offer our much needed services in Solano County since June 2009. With more than 7,000 volunteers, RTSC has provided necessary home repairs for 40 low-income veteran / senior / disabled homeowners. Also, RTSC has held more than 50 community facility workdays in Benicia, Fairfield, Rio Vista, Suisun City, Vacaville and Vallejo. For every dollar invested in a RTSC project, our return to the low-income homeowner and neighborhood has been ten-fold. In total, Rebuilding Together has invested more than $6,000,000 into revitalizing low-income homes, community facilities and neighborhoods in Solano County.
Rebuilding Together fills a pressing need in our communities. The rising cost of living and falling social service budgets have left some of our most vulnerable neighbors without the most basic of necessities, a warm, safe, and dry home.
The nation is facing enormous problems, many of which have reached crisis levels. The low-income homeowners that Rebuilding Together serves are disproportionately affected by these issues. Homeownership is at an all time high, especially among low to mid-income Americans, but the costs of owning and maintaining a home are growing exponentially. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing, leaving low-income citizens with less and less disposable income for home repairs and modifications.
Rebuilding Together focuses on the issues of homeownership for the elderly, the disabled, and veterans. By identifying the challenges associated with these issues we are well placed to face a problem with full understanding and to create real, sustainable solutions for the low-income homeowners we serve.