Great News!Rebuilding Together Solano County is still active in 2020 with our food pantry to more than 900 households in Solano County and home health kits / garden boxes. These program services are offered to low-income veteran, senior and disabled residents of Solano County.
RTSC Food Pantry has been operational since April 2018 in partnership with Vallejo Costco and the Solano Contra Costa Food Bank (as part of Feeding America). This allows RTSC to fulfill our mission of “Bringing volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners.” Since COVID-19 the number of low-income veterans / seniors / disabled residents suffering from food insecurity multiplied seven-fold to more than 900 households a month. As such, RTSC has expanded our Food Pantry beyond our weekly program in Vallejo to include those in need at 6 low-income mobile home parks throughout Solano County as well as a partnership with Vallejo Steffan Manor Elementary School. Due to the pandemic, the amount of food distributed by RTSC and its volunteers has expanded from an average of 750 pounds a week to more than 7,500 pounds a week.
How you can support RTSC:
- Financial Donation – a donation of any amount is welcome. Please ensure donations are payable to: Rebuilding Together Solano County, a nonprofit Organization, Tax ID #80-0473076
- In-Kind Food Donation – RTSC welcomes donations of non-perishable foods and/or fruits/vegetables for our Food Pantry
- Valcore – RTSC is listed as a participating organization with Valcore. Please support RTSC by bringing your recycling (bottles, cans, glass, etc.) and we will receive a donation from Valcore. www.ValcoreRecycling.org
- Amazon Smile – RTSC is a listed nonprofit organization with Amazon Smile and we will receive a donation from Amazon Smile based on a percentage of your shopping.
- Employer Donation / Employee Match – please let us know if your company provides a donation to nonprofit organizations and/or has an employee match donation program.
Volunteer opportunities are limited to non-contact delivery of food boxes to home bound veterans, seniors and disabled homeowners. Please contact us if you are interested in delivery volunteer opportunities.
Upcoming events include:
- Every Wednesday/Thursday at Noon – Drive Thru Food Pantry at Vallejo Community Presbyterian Church (2800 Georgia Street) for low-income veterans, seniors and disabled homeowners. At 12:30 p.m. if food supplies remain the food pantry is open to other participants.
- 9/3/2020 (TH) – Food Pantry Distribution at Vallejo Mobile Home Estates
- 9/8/2020 and 9/10/20 (TH) – Food Pantry Distribution at Fairfield Casa Nova Mobile Home Park
- 9/15/2020 (T) – Food Pantry Distribution to families attending Steffan Manor Elementary School
- 9/16/2020 (W) – Food Pantry Distribution at Fairfield Dover and County Club Crest Mobile Home Parks
- 9/22/2020 (T) – Food Pantry Distribution at Vallejo Broadway Mobile Home Park
Supply Workdays at RTSC Warehouse – please contact E. Hoffman at email@example.com or 707.580.9360 for additional details.
Rebuilding Together Solano County (RTSC) provides free home repair and rehabilitation services for low-income homeowners and community facilities. During a one-day project, local businesses, community members, skilled tradesman and concerned residents come together from all walks of life to repair and restore low-income homes in our Solano County neighborhoods. RTSC is a local affiliate of Rebuilding Together USA, a national organization that includes more than 200 affiliates across the nation. In the past twenty-five years, more than 150,000 homes have been rehabilitated by Rebuilding Together volunteers.